Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Trip back east

It's always raining in Connecticut (well, not always). We were greeted by a huge storm when we arrived. I think it rained just about every day we were there, including a short downpour the day we went to NY.

Mmm...Dunkin' Donuts! This was breakfast one day (okay, more than one day) with my Grandpa and my parents.

Trevor, Eric, and I went to New York for a day and had a blast. We visited most of the tourist sites since it was Trevor's first time in New York. This was in front of the Empire State Building. We decided against going to the top since the wait was hours and hours. We also visited Battery Park, Times Square, and the Masonic Lodge.

As you can tell from the look on Trevor's face, New York City was somewhat of a culture shock! I took this picture a few minutes after we left Grand Central Station and headed out to the streets of Manhattan. Trevor had a good time, but likes small towns better than the big city. I think it was the trip on the subway that pushed him over the edge! We waited for the subway for about 30 minutes in extreme humidity (not to mention the wonderful smell of the subway station) while we were sandwiched in with hundreds of people. When the train finally arrived, Eric made it on and Trevor & I did not not because it was so crowded. We had to wait for two more trains before finally being able to get on and being packed in like sardines. And this whole experience was after we missed our stop on the previous train and ended up in Brooklyn! Just a typical day in the big city. Thanks for being such a good sport Trevor!


This is my first official post on our new blog. I guess I need to start taking my camera with me everywhere I go from now on! This picture of me and my hubby was taken at the shore in Guilford, Connecticut. I spent the first 13 years of my life in Connecticut before my family moved to Utah.

2 comments:

Roberta Schine said...

Hi Allison & Trevor;

This is so cool!

Love,
Aunt Bobbie

Jill, Wes, and Andy said...

HA HA HA, you are now officially a blogger. WARNING-it is addicting, have fun